Monday, June 28, 2010

New Companion: Elder Fitzgerald

Dear Family,

What an exciting week for all members of the Cowan Family! With those who were on the vacation, I'm glad to hear everyone had an enjoyable, safe time, minus your spill mom :) and for myself here in South Carolina, I had the privilege of seeing the Lord's hand in His work. On Wednesday, we had transfer meeting and my new companion is Elder Fitzgerald. I am so excited to continue to work with the driven missionary. Thursday we drove to Lake City to proselyte there. We had zone conference in Marion on Friday. Elder Fitzgerald and I drove down to Columbia for zone leader council on Saturday and had church on Sunday.

We have been traveling quite a bit this past week, but even with all the activities that we are required to accomplish with our callings, I enjoyed the wise words of mother reminding me to listen for the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I wish I had time to tell you the wonderful experiences that we had this week because the Lord has truly blessed us. Because of transfers, I had to create a new sheet for accountability purposes and I only have 5 minutes left on the computer and I have not written President McConkie either. :) On Wednesday as we were driving down the street, I noticed some houses on our left and it was not part of our plans, but I told Elder Fitzgerald that I felt we should stop. We met Tanzania, who is looking for a church, and I told her the spirit told us to stop and she recognized that we are truly servants of the Lord. When we went to Lake City we met Annette. She is searching for truth and she accepted a baptismal date of the 17th of July. Yesterday we met Chrishelle who broke down into tears because of the trials that the Lord has placed in her path to humble her and allow her to listen to the restored gospel. Not only are we being blessed but the rest of the zone is as well. We are excited to continue to work in this calling we have received to be full time missionaries. I love each of you. Keep the commandments, they keep us free and we feel the Lord's love as we do!

Love,
Elder Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment