Monday, February 7, 2011

Miracle in Greenville

Dear Family,

I have a hour session on the computer and the last 45 minutes I have spent writing President McConkie and reading all the emails I've received. :) It's all good. It will be a quick letter today.

I have some mixed feelings at the moment. This week we had a leadership training meeting in Columbia. It was Thursday and Friday. All zone leaders, district Leaders and missionary trainers attended the meeting. It was such a blessing to see all the missionaries. The sad part was that it was the last time I will see some of them. I will especially miss Elder Tran. I have become so close to him. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to serve with him for one transfer. Elder Tran plans on being at General Conference, so I will be able to see him again. I only have ten minutes left.

Things are going great here in Greenville. Alex Stancell will be baptized on Saturday. It has been such a blessing to be able to teach her, and also that the Lord would fulfill my selfish "birthday wish" of baptizing and confirming on my birthday. We are continuing to work with our investigators to get more of them to make this sacred covenant with our Father in Heaven.

I have less than ten minutes left, but I will try to share one miracle very quickly. Elder Fisher and I went to see a lead that the sisters had found. When we knocked on his door, he did not answer. We decided to talk to his neighbor and while we were talking to her a man walked behind us. It looked like he walked into the apartment where the lead supposedly lived. After our contact, we walked back to the door and knocked on his door. He came to the door and was shocked to see us. He said, "you will never believe this, but at the moment you knocked on my door, I was trying to call those young ladies who I had met." He continued, "I cannot be more sincere with you, you are an answer to my prayer. I have been pondering on the things the sisters shared with me and I finally decided to stop pondering and start acting. Where is your church located?" We informed in that it was in Barea and he said, "That's it, God, now I know for sure your trying to talk to me." He informed us that he has been wanting to move and the house he has been looking at was right next to our church! This miracle man's name is Ken Madden. Ken asked us if he could be re-baptized. We invited Ken to be baptized on the 27 of February and he responded with, "Will they allow me to be baptized that soon?" He is prepared. He cannot see very well, so he has had his neighbors come over to his house so they can read to him the Book of Mormon. More to come on Ken later. I love the work. The Holy Ghost is in control, all we need to do is listen and be willing to act.
Love ya!

Love,
Elder Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment