Monday, August 3, 2009

Slower Week

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a slower week. I've decided the Lord is helping me learn patience. :) Two of our investigators were sick, and three of them were out of town. It seems we spent quite a lot of time looking for new investigators, but our efforts were not very fruitful. Tuesday night Elder Taylor and I went out with a member to deliver medias that people have ordered through the church web site and we stopped by one house that is near Kelli's house. Elder Taylor and I were working with Kelli and her sister Sallie two months ago, but then Sallie lost interest, and so Elder Taylor and I stopped working with both of them. While we were in the neighborhood we stopped by Kelli's house and she was very excited to see us! She had wondered why we had not been by in so long, and she set up an appointment that following day for us to come and visit her. We went back by on Wednesday. Between the two sisters and their four kids jumping around in previous visits, Elder Taylor and I decided that we were going to start over and go from the beginning. We had taught a complete first lesson to the two sisters, but neither one had heard the entire thing. We proceeded to share our message and it actually took us two hours to tie everything together (Heavenly Father, His Begotten Son Jesus Christ, His prophet Joseph Smith, His teachings in the Bible and the Book of Mormon)! I do not think I have ever had an appointment that long before, but it was fun watching Kelli as we taught because everything was finally coming together for her. :) She kept saying, "Another light bulb, another light bulb!" every time she caught hold of what we were saying. We will have to see what the future has in store for her.

Friday was Zone Interviews. Since our car had over 50,000 miles on it, we got a new car. :) A 2009 Toyota Corolla! It's way nice. Elder Taylor and I both decided this is probably going to be the only car we will ever drive in the same year that it came out. :) The trainings were great. Elder Cooney trained on being humble and Elder Solomon trained on contacting like Brigham Young and Wilford Woodruff.

I know the Lord has prepared people for the message I bring. I hope and pray that I may continually improve my relationship with my Father in Heaven. I love this work and I hope and pray all is well with all yall!

Love Elder Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment