Monday, April 26, 2010

Exciting Week!

Dear Family,
 
What an exciting week! I have a short amount of time. I will try to hit the highlights. Elder Tran and I, along with President Buffington and Brother Bright (Stake High Councilor over missionary work) organized a training meeting. The meeting consisted of a proper correlation meeting and then a proper PEC meeting. We emphasized the importance for the full-time missionaries to fulfill their responsibility by adequately filling out our progress record. Then we taught the ward mission leaders the importance of an agenda for correlation meeting and the importance to make assignments. I hope I remember the life lessons I am learning on my mission. 
 
On Sunday Doreen, Regan, and Charleston came to church. Becky stayed at home because the children's father was coming up to Spartanburg and she did not know what time he would arrive, so she decided to wait at home for him. I don't think I ever told you their last name. Their last name is Sullivan. This week was exciting. The Sullivans came over to the Bakers for dinner. The Bakers are a family focused on missionary work. The meal was a success. Regan met Kayla Baker and now she has a friend at church. Regan was the driving force that made them come to church. We taught them Saturday night to get them to church and a drunk man came into the lesson from outside and he started to aggressively argue about Joseph Smith. The great thing about it was that Becky was the one that was defending the church!

On Friday night we got a phone call from President telling us that our zone needed to be in Columbia the next morning at 8:00. We frantically organized rides for everyone and we went down to Columbia. We had a special conference with Elder Neil L. Anderson. This is now the 3rd apostle I've met on my mission! We had a great meeting with him which lasted about an hour. At the end of the meeting, we drove back to Columbia and worked the rest of the day.

I wish I could write more, but I need to go. I love you all! 
 
Elder Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment