Monday, May 3, 2010

Quick Update

Dear Family,
 
Wow. I need Justin's email. I need to email him and see how his adventure is going! What an exciting time. I will admit I only have 10 minutes left on this computer. This week was great. Update on the Sullivan's. We taught Doreen. She still has not asked Heavenly Father if these things are true. We went over "one true church" while we were there. She said that some time during this next week she will ask Heavenly Father if these things are true. I hope she follows through with that commitment. 
 
Just kidding. I only have five minutes left. We stopped by Cynthia's house (a recent convert of Elder Bowles when he served here). We read 1 Nephi 8 and committed her to reach out to her family and invite them to hold to the rod. When church started, none of our investigators were there and Cynthia was not there either. After Sacrament meeting, when they opened up the doors, Cynthia walked in with her daughter Natasha and Natasha's children: Maureen (15 yrs old) and Sean (9 yrs old). They enjoyed church and they are planning to come to church again. Natasha smokes weed, so I'm not sure if she has a desire to stop, but the children will learn quickly and have the opportunity to be baptized if they choose! It was great to see this recent convert doing missionary work. I hope you have success Dad in getting the members more involved in finding people to teach. 
 
I love you all! Hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Cowan
 
P.S. Congratulations James on receiving your mission call. Suggestion: GO TO THE TEMPLE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! Once you enter the mission field, you will not have the opportunity to go to the temple. :( Also, memorize Preach My Gospel. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment