Monday, October 18, 2010

Meetings, Exchanges, Teaching

Dear Family,

I don't have time to write. I had to fill out information about the missionaries serving in the Ishmael Zone. I will have to be very brief. Monday was preparation day. Tuesday we attended the Windsor Lake District Development Meeting. President also surprised us and came with the assistants. It was a great meeting. After the meeting, Elder Ernst and I blitzed the Spanish Elders area for the day.

Wednesday, we attended the Elgin District Development Meeting. We had a great meeting and then we went on a mini exchange with the Elgin Elders, Elder Hightower, and Elder Hancock. I went to Elgin and worked with Elder Hightower. It was great to be with him again. It reminded me of Spartanburg.

On Thursday, we had an exchange with the assistants. I went to Columbia with Elder Tran. I helped President and Elder Tran conduct a District Development Meeting similar to the one that I was at on Monday and then we proselyted for the rest of the day. Elder Tran is an amazing teacher. We found many new investigators. One came to church and also attended a baptism this weekend. It was a great experience because the lady was depressed when we first met her and Elder Tran told us today that she wants to be baptized and that she never has felt as happy as she did attending church and the baptism which was immediately afterward.

Friday, we taught a lot of people. Saturday was a little slower day, but we worked all day to get someone to church. At the end of the day, we turned it over to the Lord. We had worked hard. Sunday, Elder Tran and Elder Poll had two baptisms at the Base. I taught the first lesson to the large group who are attending for the first time. I still feel like Dan Jones when I'm up there declaring that the Restoration has occurred. :) Unfortunately, none of the soldiers raised their hands to be baptized at the end. But there was one soldier who came up to me immediately after the meeting and asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon. I wrote him a letter this week; hopefully, he will ponder on the things that I have shared with him and that he will be baptized in the up coming weeks!

When we got to Camden, we did not have any of our investigators to church, but right before the sacrament began, Debra walked into the chapel and sat down in the row in front of us! She really enjoyed it, but she came to our service immediately after her services. She was tired of sitting for so long, so she was not able to attend Sunday School or Relief Society. We will continue to work with her.

There's our week! I hope you all have a great week and that everything will go well with all of the activities! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment